Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player Review
The Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player Classic Turntable Stereo System is one of the top selling vinyl record players on the market. Buyers are attracted by the elegant suitcase design and the budget-friendly price.
The archer plays all sizes of vinyl records and at speeds of 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM. It also plays MP3 files from USB flash drives or other external sources via the 3.5 mm auxiliary input slot (smartphones, tablets, etc).
It has a built-in stereo speaker system that provides full-range high-quality sounds. They are capable of reproducing the warm, rich sounds of all your favorite records and are pretty amazing for the price, but obviously, they can’t match a set of high-quality speakers.
- 22.1 by 7.7 by 15.8 inches: not the smallest, but design makes it ultra-portable
- 17.9 pounds: lighter than most units that include speakers
- 60s-style all-wood suitcase housing: take it to parties, picnics, etc.
- Belt-driven turntable: less noise distortion from the motor for better sound quality
- Plays MP3 files: enjoy your entire collection, not just vinyl
- USB and 3.5mm auxiliary input slot: allows smartphone or tablet connectivity
- Can play 7, 10 and 12” records: all standard sizes
- Can play records at speeds of 331/3, 45 and 78 RPM: will play any record
- Dual full-range and headphone port: great hi-fi sound quality for the size and price
- Diamond-tipped ceramic needle: improved audio performance and won’t damage records
- Portable and lightweight
- Made of high-grade and durable components
- Comes with elegant and practical suitcase housing
- Can play all types and sizes of vinyl at 3 different speeds
- Has built-in speakers that provide high-quality sounds
- Can play music from a USB storage device
- Can play music from iPhones, iPads and tablets via auxiliary input
- Can be used to play loud music and is good for private listening too
- Budget-friendly price
- No AM/FM radio
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- No auxiliary output to connect external speakers (you can use the headphone jack, though)
- Some users report wobbling when playing new records
- Sound quality is great for the price, but does not match top-of-the-line record players
Summary of Electromhome Archer Review
The Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player is budget-friendly suitcase style player. It looks great and sounds great, considering the size of the speakers. The suitcase design makes it ultra-portable, meaning you can easily take it to a friend’s house to spend an evening listening to your vinyl collection.
In addition to vinyl of various sizes, it also plays MP3 files from a USB drive, tablet, smartphones, iPhone or iPad. If you’re looking to play records as well as digital files and plan on taking your player to multiple locations, the Archer is the perfect record player for you.
Both of these players also play vinyl records at different speeds, as well as MP3s. They also have built-in speakers and a portable suitcase design.
The main differences are the size and the price. Both the Crosley Cruiser and the Victrola are smaller and much lighter than the Archer and they generally cost a bit less, though prices do fluctuate a lot.
Where they lag behind is sound quality. While the Archer can’t match high-end speakers, its built-in stereo speakers sound much better than those in the Crosley and Victrola models. The two alternatives do, however, have RCA jacks so you can easily connect external speakers.
The Victrola has one more advantage that will make a big difference to some. It features bluetooth connectivity, so you can connect your devices remotely to play MP3s. Note: Crosley now sells a deluxe version of the cruiser that also has bluetooth connectivity. It is only a few dollars extra.
The main differentiating feature of the Cruiser is the color selection. It is available in ten different colors, though the price varies slightly between colors, so be careful of that.
All three record players have the same potential issues with new records. Some units wobble and skip when playing them. This is actually an issue with all but the most expensive players. Luckily Amazon accepts returns if you end up with one of these defective units.
Overall, the Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player is the best option, due to the higher quality speakers. If you don’t mind sacrificing sound quality for portability, one of the lighter units is probably better for you. If you want a suitcase style player with bluetooth, the Victrola is your best option.
The Electrohome Archer is the most popular suitcase turntable record player for a reason. It combines a budget-friendly price with a surprisingly good sound system and an elegant suitcase design for maximum portability.